FIRE DEPARTMENT OF BELLEVUE – DAYTON
Christopher B. Adkins, Fire Chief
514 Sixth Avenue, Dayton, Kentucky 41074
Telephone: 859-261-0083 Website: http://www.fdbd.org
Release Date: September 17, 2018
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
The Fire Department of Bellevue-Dayton (FDBD) is currently accepting employment applications for the full time position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Employment applications may be picked up at the Fire Station or downloaded online at www.fdbd.org. All applications are considered confidential.
- Must be 21 years of age or older, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive criminal and driving background check, and health examination, including drug and alcohol screening tests.
- Must have previous firefighting experience and possess a Kentucky 400-hour Firefighter Certificate, or IFSAC I and II.
- Must possess current Kentucky Paramedic Certificate and ACLS Provider Card at the time of hire, or within six (6) months of the date of hire.
- Must have a current PEPP and/or PALS Certification at the time of hire.
- Must possess a current Candidate Physical Ability Test Certificate (CPAT).
- Must be able to obtain Kentucky Fire Inspector Certificate within twelve (12) months of hire date.
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, technical abilities and work ethics.
- Must be physically capable of performing all other related job responsibilities, as assigned.
Method of Submission of Applications: Applications must be submitted either in person or by U.S. Mail to: Fire Department of Bellevue-Dayton, 514 Sixth Avenue, Dayton, Kentucky 41074.
NOTE: Applications sent by fax or email will not be considered.
Deadline for Submission of Applications: Friday, October 12, 2018.