Release Date: December 30, 2019
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC AND FIREFIGHTER/EMT
Fire Department of Bellevue-Dayton is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for future hiring purposes. Employment applications may be picked up at the Fire Station or downloaded HERE. All applications are considered confidential.
- 21 years of age or older, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to pass criminal and driving background checks, and health examination, including drug and alcohol screening.
- 400-hour KY Firefighter Certificate, or IFSAC I and II.
- KY Paramedic Certificate and ACLS Provider Card at time of hire, or within 6 months of hire date.
- PEPP and/or PALS Certification at time of hire.
- Candidate Physical Ability Test Certificate (CPAT), unless a lateral hire per 739 KAR 2:090.
- EMT Candidates will be considered with the following credentials:
- Must be a Kentucky Certified EMT and possess a 400-hour KY Firefighter Certificate, or IFSAC I and II.
- Possess Kentucky Level 1 Fire Instructor.
- Have a minimum 5 years’ experience as a full-time paid firefighter.
- Must be able to obtain Kentucky Fire Inspector Certificate within twelve (12) months of hire date.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, technical abilities and work ethic.
- Be physically capable of performing all other related job responsibilities, as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- PARAMEDIC Starting Salary. $45,000 plus $4,000 state incentive pay ($49,000) — Special salary consideration will be made for Lateral Transfer Candidates.
- EMT Starting Salary. $42,000 plus $4,000 state incentive pay ($46,000).
- Health and Dental Insurance. FDBD pays 90% of employee health insurance costs, and 100% of single employee dental insurance.
- Health Reimbursement Account. FDBD provides each employee with an HRA account for out-of-pocket medical and prescription costs.
- Life Insurance. Fully paid life and accident/disability/dismemberment insurance.
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Trade Days. New employees accumulate vacation and sick time, and may trade days off with other employees of the same grade level.
- Uniform Allowance, Holiday Pay and Longevity Pay. FDBD provides an annual uniform allowance to all employees. Holiday pay is provided quarterly to all 24-hour personnel. Employees employed 2 or more years are rewarded with an annual longevity pay bonus.
- CERS Hazardous Duty Retirement. FDBD participates in the Kentucky State Retirement Program.
Method of Submission: Completed applications must be hand-delivered or sent by U.S. Mail to Fire Department of Bellevue-Dayton, 514 Sixth Avenue, Dayton, KY 41074. NOTE: Applications sent by fax or email will not be considered. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, January 24, 2020.
Fire Department of Bellevue-Dayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.